I Am Not for Everyone

I am not for everyone. I fail in believing this truth a lot…like every day…a LOT. Over the years, I have witnessed many dear women struggling with this truth as well.

What is happening?

Many times we are (or will be) accused of being arrogant (hoity-toity as I call it) because we don’t include everyone on our path. Naturally, we don’t want to be thought of in that way so we allow people on our path that will weigh us down. OR – we don’t want to be alone on our path so we try to convince people to come along when they really don’t have an interest in our well-being or what we’re doing. OR – we don’t want to appear mean by separating ourselves from those who are hurting us so we put up with them. We are obsessed with people pleasing. We wrap our identities and confidence levels around how pleased others are with us.

STOP IT!

The key to being content is to get ourselves to a point of accepting that we will be alone on our paths at times. It’s just going to happen. Accept that we will not have many people alongside us on our journeys. It’s not possible. For me, I need to make sure I include the ONE person on my path that I know will never leave me or forsake me and Who understands me like nobody else. That person is Jesus Christ. Many days, though, I push Him right off my path and tell Him I can do it myself. That’s when all my troubles begin – trouble with a capital “T” and that rhymes with “B” and that stands for Buffoon (<==corny, I know. It’s my theater background whirling around in my head). A Buffon I am when I throw Jesus off the very path HE designed for me. He knows the plans He has for me and my life and when I have carelessly flicked them away, like a smoker who flicks their cigarette when they have finished it, I am left wanting. My experience has shown me that this is the worst place for me to be and yet…I will endure and put up with nonsense. This is not thriving – it’s surviving.

Why just survive life when we can thrive?

In order to thrive you must stay in your own lane! Don’t be trying to live someone else’s life. Don’t be looking at how other people are traveling along. Focus on your own journey. It’s YOURS! Specifically designed for YOU to be lived by YOU. Will you accept it? Will you embrace it? I hope you will. I’m rooting for you!

Shine On!

10 thoughts on “I Am Not for Everyone

• March 20, 2018 at 11:13 am

Thank you, Michelle! I really appreciate your comments.

• March 17, 2018 at 5:33 pm

Love the message of contentment! I tell people all the time “don’t worry about what others think let your fruit speak for itself.”

• March 20, 2018 at 11:14 am

Oh yes! I like that – let your fruit speak for itself. Thanks for your comments, Ta’Neisha.

• November 3, 2018 at 8:58 pm

Great post sometime we forget the potential we hold inside we allow for doubt and fear to paralyze us from living our purpose! We try to be something we are not because we don’t take the time to know who we are! Thank you for this reminder!

• November 6, 2018 at 12:08 am

Thanks for your comment, Ingrid! Doubt and fear are very paralyzing indeed and I need to keep reminding myself to let those go. I’m glad you found it helpful!

• November 5, 2018 at 11:15 am

Right on time! You could be the tastiest peach in the world and there would still be someone who doesn’t like peaches! I’ve learned that people pleasing only hurts me in the end.

• November 6, 2018 at 12:10 am

I love that analogy of being the tastiest peach and there would still be someone who doesn’t like it!! So TRUE!! Thanks for your comments, Tina.

• November 6, 2018 at 1:54 am

Great reminder to keep our focus on Jesus. Not on ourselves and not on others. Thank you for sharing Darlene.

• November 6, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Thank you for your comment, April!